One-day from Simatai West to Jinshanling
Small Group Highlight of Great Wall Hiking: One-day from Simatai West to Jinshanling.
- Wild Great Wall at Simatai West
- Partially restored Great Wall at Jinshanling
- Stunning photo opportunity of the Great Wall
- Countryside-style food at local farmer’s restaurant
- Small group of maximum 8 travellers
As the most popular hiking trip of the Great Wall around Beijing, it will show you both Simatai and Jinshanling sections of the wall within 3 hours. A 40-minute steps walking up will lead you to East-Five-Eye watchtower at Simatai West. You may take a few breaths before reaching the Wall, and will be rewarded by the breathtaking panoramic view of this amazing human constructions. Take a short break and some photos here, we will then walk westward to Jinshanling. We will get off the wall at Shalingkou at Jinshanling, alternatively you can walk another 30 minutes if you feel energetic and then get off the wall at Zhuanduokou . The unrestored wall, the watch towers, the beacon towers snake on the mountain from east to west. You will have chance to meet local farmer friends, try local home-made food and learn local community development. It is the best place for keen photographers along the wall. Regarding fitness it is a medium-level hiking for all ages.
Meet you up at 8am and then drive to Simatai West. You will start the hiking around 10:30 am, and it will take about 3 hours to complete the hiking. A lunch at a local farmer’s restaurant will be organized after the hiking before returning your hotel.
This section offers arguably the finest hiking anywhere on the Great Wall. It is extremely photogenic, with over 15 watch-towers, and steep gradients that give constantly changing perspectives and wide, open views. There is fascinating variety in the watch-towers here. Some have two storeys, others three. Some have flat roofs, others rounded and others again are pitched with upturned eaves. This section of the wall is wild, ruined, preserved and original. On a clear day, it is difficult to fail to take good photographs here.
- Air-con vehicle with an experienced driver
- Personal expert English-speaking hiking tour guide
- Entrance fees for the Great Wall
- Unlimited bottled water; snacks; late lunch at farmers restaurant after the hike
- A certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
- Travel insurance
- Cable car, chairlift, toboggan (slideway), flyingfox (zipline) or any other additional local facilities
- Personal expenses
- Tipping of hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
McDonald’s at Oriental Kenzo, 48 Dongzhimenwai Dajie. 东直门外大街东方银座麦当劳
Meeting directions: Dongzhimen Station, subway line 2, Exit C. Turn right after getting out of the exit. Our guide will hold a blue Great Wall Hiking logo at the gate on ground floor of McDonald’s. Please note that there are two McDonald’s on both sides of the street, the meeting point is at subway Exit C side. The McDonald’s is next to the shopping mall entrance and you have to go over the parking lot.
McDonald’s at Oriental Kenzo