Beijing tour (Hutongs, Dumplings, Silk Market)
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Start time: Flexible, but typically 9:00 AM
- Starting location: Pickup at your centrally located hotel
- Price: From $110/person (Contact us for groups over 4)
- Hutongs - Explore several class Beijing Hutongs including a rickshaw ride
- Dumpling Making Class - Along one Hutong, you'll visit a restaurant and have your personal chef/dumpling teacher show you the art of dumpling making.
- Lunch - You'll enjoy your own dumpling creation!
- Bell and Drum Tower w/show - Originally built for music, it was later used to announce the time. Enjoy an historic show here.
- Silk Street Market - A famous shopping area with a wide range of branded and local silk, clothes, shoes and much more... and no pressure!
This tour is flexible to choose other interests you may have.
This unique one-day Beijing tour includes a range of popular sites, a famous "silk" market, and an authentic dumpling-making experience.
What You Can Expect
Your tour guide will meet you at your city centered hotel, typically at 9:00AM. Then you will start this 8-hour unique history, shopping and arts tour of Beijing.
First, you will visit historic Beijing Hutongs, which are really the historic narrow alleys of Beijing with a range of shops, restaurants, architecture and residences to give you a sense of life today and how it has evolve over the decades.
From here you'll visit a local restaurant and visit our master dumpling chef where you'll make a variety of meat and vegetable-filled dumplings based on your learning and tastes. You'll cherish this new skill to take home and amaze your friends. Of course you'll take time to cook and enjoy your creation for lunch.
Next, you'll visit an historic Gulou and Zhonglou (Bell and Drum) Tower, which were musical instruments in ancient China. Later they were used by government and communities to announce the time. The Bell and Drum towers were central to official timekeeping in China in the Yuan, Ming and Qing dynasties until 1924 when Western time was adopted.Here you'll enjoy a short show to learn about and experience this ancient music art.
Lastly, you'll head to the Silk Street Market (which is far more than silk) where you'll find a vast array of local and international "brands" along with various levels of quality and prices. Clothes, shoes, silk, bags, scarves and even toys and electronics can all be found in scores of shops. Don't forget to browse the unique restaurant area on top for hot-pot or other local and international delicacies.
You will be sent back to your hotel or somewhere in the city center you prefer when the tour is finished.
- The price for this tour includes:
- Personal tour guide services
- Quality car with an experienced driver
- Dumpling-making class
- Delicious dumplings of your own creation
- All entrance fees
The guide will meet you at your centrally locate hotel and return you to your hotel (within Beijing central area)
NOTE: Drop off and pickup from the airport or outskirts of Beijing will incur extra fees due to additional travel time.
- Tips appreciated, but not required
- Optional - Famous evening activities show below (select in shopping cart)
As mention on the details
Have a question?
Why Discover China
You might also like...
- 1-Day Tour (Great Wall+Summer Palace) 99
- 1 Day Tour to Tiananmen Square Forbidden City Summer Palace 76
- Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City, Hutong & Temple Of Heaven 86
- One-day from Simatai West to Jinshanling 136
- One-day from Simatai West Jinshanling to Gubeikou 145
- Beijing tour (Hutongs, Dumplings, Silk Market) 110
- One-day at Mutianyu 108
- 1 Day City Tour Temple Of Heaven and Summer Palace 60
- 1 Day Tour Forbidden City & Great Wall 99
- One Day Beijing Bus Tour 53