There are many reasons to travel to China. It is a land rich in history and culture, as well as home to some of the world's natural wonders. All of these factors combine to make it an all-encompassing destination with something to offer every kind of traveler. If you are an outdoor enthusiast, however, you would be even more excited to hear about the country's amazing theme parks and amusement parks, which is also the case if you are visiting the country with your whole family and looking for enjoyable family activities.
China is known around the world for its thrilling theme parks. In 2016, four of the world's twenty largest and most famous amusement parks (including Hong Kong) are located in China! Theme parks in China usually feature a blend of Western and local culture, as well as thrilling attractions, theater or circus shows, and hotel resorts.
Ocean Park in Hong Kong
Hong Kong is home to China's first and second most famous theme parks, according to attendance. Ocean Park receives around 7.5 million tourists a year, making it the world's 13th most popular attraction. The rides and animals are popular among the region's young people.
The dolphin and sea mammal acts are the main attractions. There are also pandas to visit. It houses thousands of marine animals in one of the world's biggest aquarium domes.
- The Hair Raiser, a world-class thrill coaster, is located in the Summit region.
- Amazing Asian Animals and Aqua City can be found on the Waterfront. The Grand Aquarium is one of the largest aquariums in the world.
- Old Hong Kong is a modern recreation of bygone period cultures.
- With dolphin and killer whale exhibits, Marine World is a crowd favorite.
- The Gondola ride serves as both entertainment and transportation. From a high vantage point, the park and the ocean are visible.
Disneyland In Hong Kong
Disneyland Park in Hong Kong Disneyland is China's second most famous theme park, located on Hong Kong's Lantau Island. It also receives around 7.5 million visitors per year, placing it as the world's 15th most popular destination. The rides, plays, and cartoon characters appeal to children.
It is the world's fifth Disneyland park. It also has hotels for visitors to stay in. The park is still under renovation, with new areas and rides set to open or expected in the near future.
- Old American style buildings and American food can be found on Main Street USA.
- A roller coaster called Space Mountain can be found in Tomorrowland.
- A half-pipe coaster can be found in Toy Story Land.
- Grizzly Gulch is a newer section with a Grizzly Gulch Grizzly Gulch Grizzly Gulch Grizzly Gulch Grizz
Chimelong Ocean Kingdom
With around 6 million visitors per year, this theme park is the third most popular in China and the twentieth most popular in the world. It opened in 2004. It takes up twice as much space as Ocean Park. It, too, is still in the works, but it already boasts the world's biggest aquarium and one of the world's longest roller coasters. You will be astounded by the miniature sea. It offers top-notch amusement parks, entertainment, hotels, and theaters.
It's a full-service entertainment complex aimed at luring Macau tourists. Travel is made easier thanks to a new bridge linking Macau and the surrounding area.
Songcheng Park in Hangzhou
This is one of China's most famous theme parks in terms of occupancy. Every year, about 6 million people visit. It differs from the others in that there are no large rides or aquariums. It's a large park themed after the Song Empire, complete with large theatrical plays, houses, concerts, restaurants, and shops that depict life about 800 years ago. According to TripAdvisor, it is one of Hangzhou's top seven tourist attractions in 2016.
A large theatrical/acrobatics/dance show and a Chinese haunted house are the main attractions. The nearby West Lake is also worth seeing while you're there.
Changzhou Dinosaur Park
Dinosaur Island, hot springs, green gardens, a water park (open July and August), and high-tech amenities are among the more than 70 tourist attractions at this dinosaur-themed cultural park. Arcade gaming and exhibitions are available at Funny Dinosaur Town.
Dinosaur Island incorporates ecological and environmental themes while also including a range of fun and exciting activities for kids, such as tree climbing, dinosaur hunting in the bushes, obstacle courses, mountain adventures, and cable sliding. Dinosaur Island has a number of stage shows, model rockets, model arms, and men dressed in military uniform.
Rides: In addition to rides for adults, the park has rides for children. Lubara has pirate ships with strange themes.
How to get there: The address is 1 Hanjiang Road in Changzhou's New Area District. Take bus 26 or 302 to your destination.
Beijing Happy Valley
The same corporation that owns Shenzhen Happy Valley also owns Beijing Happy Valley. In a 1 square kilometer location, the park offers a variety of attractions. It has over 50 landscape themes, ten themed displays, 30 theme rides, and more than 20 gaming and business support facilities.
It was ranked 34th in the world in terms of annual visitorship in 2016. Every year, some three and a half million people come to see it.
Thriller coaster tours: The 'Snow-Covered Gold Wings,' Asia's largest suspended roller coaster, the Titan Car, Asia's largest pendulum ride, the Heaven and Earth Shuttle, Asia's only twin towers shuttle, and the Apollo Wheel, the world's tallest Ferris wheel, are among the six world-class rides.
Guangzhou Changlong Holiday Resort
The Guangzhou Changlong (or Chimelong) Holiday Resort is by far the most popular tourist destination in Guangzhou. It combines a variety of appealing and exciting facilities in one location, including an animal safari park and zoo, a water park, thrill rides, a restaurant, art/theater, circus gaming, and golfing.
- Guangzhou's most popular tourist attraction is Chimelong Safari Park. Hundreds of species are available to view, pet, and eat. The big African animals and Giant Pandas are the most common. Outside of Sichuan, there are more Giant Pandas than anywhere else.
- Tourists can see approximately 100,000 crocodiles in Guangzhou Crocodile Park. It is the world's largest crocodile farm.
- Chimelong Paradise has been added to the Guinness World Record list of the top ten loop roller coaster rides in the world.
- The domestic animal theme runs through China's largest eco-themed hotel, Chimelong Hotel. White tigers and flamingos can be seen.
- World-class acrobatics and animal stunts are seen at the Chimelong Circus. It is rated as one of the best in China and the world by tourists, and according to TripAdvisor, it is the third most popular attraction in Guangzhou in 2016.